AMEE has formed a number of committees focused on key topical areas of healthcare professions education and its development. All committees share the AMEE mission of enabling and promoting collaboration with, and between, a diverse and inclusive global community of health professionals, educators, and other stakeholders to foster scholarship and best practice.
AMEE Committees were established to facilitate the Association’s programme in specific areas and to assist members in having a role in AMEE’s activities.
Each committee reports back to the AMEE executive committee and board.
Remit of an AMEE Committee
Our committees contribute to AMEE's mission of advancing best practice and excellence in medical education by:
- Planning and participation in AMEE’s annual conference
- Engaging with Stakeholders
- Engaging with individuals and organisations working in relation to the area addressed by the committee
- Engaging in collaborative work or projects as appropriate
- Engaging with AMEE projects and initiatives
- Informing AMEE members
- Providing information relating to the work of the committee
- Maintaining relevant information about the work of the committee on the AMEE website
- Preparing a twice-yearly report for meetings of the AMEE Executive Committee
- Preparing a short summary with regard to the committee’s work for the AMEE Annual Report
- Promoting scholarly work